The course is designed to provide participants with the required knowledge and skills to:
- prepare for workplace emergency situations
- identify and assess the emergency
- quickly contain small workplace emergencies using nearby fire extinguishers
- use initial response equipment on small fires and
- report those workplace emergencies
The course will include participants demonstrating extinguisher use in a simulated workplace emergency situation and demonstration of a fire blanket.
Assessment will confirm the ability to correctly identify the type of emergency that has occurred; to identify and take action to avoid or control any associated hazards; to use initial response equipment and techniques to safely and effectively control or contain the emergency.
This course is a unit nationally approved and accredited (PUAWER008B – Confine small workplace emergencies) and has been specifically designed to reduce the risk of fire through the promotion of fire safety awareness and basic fire training for all staff, or for individuals seeking basic fire safety awareness training
Nominal program duration is 4 hours depending on the client’s specific requirements, involving the review of your own fire fighting equipment and a site safety assessment of existing fire fighting equipment.
This course is designed with flexibility, so it can be adapted to cater for special needs of the client.
- Chemistry of fire
- Basic Fire Prevention
- Fire Procedures
- Evacuation procedures (with practical work)
- Raising the fire alarm
- A practical demonstration with live fire using portable fire fighting equipment including Fire Extinguishers, Fire Hose Reels and Fire Blankets
- PDF copy of your A4 Certificate
- All training resources (Extinguisher, fire pan etc)
- Multiple choice and short-answer questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Upon successful completion a Statement of Attainment will be issued for PUAWER008B – Confine Small Workplace Emergencies (Extinguisher)
It is recommended that Emergency Fire training be refreshed annually.