- IV site identification & suitability
- IO options (traditional v’s sternal)
- Vein anatomy & health
- Difficulties – hypovolemia, low BP, turgor, pain
- Complications – phlebitis, infection, infiltration, extravasation
- Advancements in Needle/Catheter technology
- Hands-on IV & IO training
Hands on training includes the use of butterfly, needle catheter, manual and auto-retraction systems, connection compatibility and IO systems.
This course has been developed on request and will run on demand. It can be run at our training centre or on site in your workplace.
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Upon successful completion a Certificate of Attendance will be issued.