This unit covers the competency required to administer pain relief such as analgesics including Penthrox, Entonox, paracetamol, ibuprofen and aspirin, according to workplace procedures. It includes information about the use, storage and documentation of administration as well as ongoing monitoring of the casualty.
You must hold a current HLTAID003 Provide first aid to complete this course.
National Course Code
PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management
3.5 hours face to face
- Basic WH&S requirements
- Identify the need for pain relief
- Storage and documentation
- Administer pain relief
- Casualty handover
- PDF copy A4Certificate
- All training resources (face shields, gloves, etc.)
- Student support services
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of reports
- Upon successful completion a Statement of Attainment will be issued for PUAEME005A Provide Pain Management
- Valid for 12 Months
- Participants must be 14 years or older
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- This course is typically only available for groups. It is also included in the Advanced Resuscitation course.