This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace.
This unit is completed within a skills set for Occupational First aid.
HLTSS00027 – Occupational First Aid Skill Set
This skill set provides a set of skills to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in a workplace environment, including the skills to provide an emergency first aid response in the event of an emergency. Following completion of the skills set, the units awarded would be:
- HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
- HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources
The expected duration to complete this course is 16 hours face to face workshop.
Skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace inline with State and Territory Legislation
- First Aid Rooms and Maintenance
- First Aid Equipment and Resources
- First Aid Management Procedures
- Occupational First Aid Manual
- PDF copy of A4 Certificate
- All training resources (bandages, face shields, gloves, etc)
- Student support services
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of reports
- Statement of Attainment for HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid, HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation and HLTAID008 Manage first aid services and resources in completion of HLTSS00027 Occupational First Aid Skill Set
- It is recommended that refresher training in CPR should be carried out annually and first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years.
Participants must be 16 years or older