This unit of competency describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
This unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR in a range of situations, include community and workplace settings.
This course does NOT address other aspects of life support or first aid.
National Course Code
HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Recognising and emergency situation
- Procedures for performing CPR
- Calling for help
- Understanding the use of and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) The Chain of Survival
- Infection Control
- Own skills and limitations
- Reporting and recording an emergency
- General WH&S and legal issues
- Awareness of stress management and support
The duration to complete this course is 4 hours face to face workshop.
- CPR Manual
- PDF copy of A4 Certificate
- All training resources (face shields, gloves, etc)
- Student support services
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- Short answer questioning
- Completion of reports
Upon successful completion, a Statement of Attainment will be issued for HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
It is recommended that refresher training in CPR should be carried out annually
Participants must be 14 years or older